Pretty Palettes: November 2017 REVEAL!




I never had a chance to get a blog post up to show off the beads that Molly sent me from Halcraft for the November design challenge! Sorry about that! Thanksgiving was last week and things have been crazy. So this post will be the inspiration share AND the reveal! WHAT!?

You give me anything teal and I'm a happy camper. It's one of my most favorite colors so when this inspiration photo was posted, I was intrigued and absolutely SMITTEN with the beads that went along with it. They are perfect! That champagne color with the swirling glass rounds, and those big wooden focals - OMG. Amazing.

Here are the beads, all of which you can find in the Bead Gallery®:
  • Bead Gallery® cream 6/0 seed beads
  • Bead Gallery® amber coated glass mix
  • Bead Gallery® aqua mix
  • Bead Gallery® turquoise Czech mix lentils
  • Bead Gallery® aqua mix glass rounds
  • Bead Gallery® large wooden sunbursts
I didn't end up using all of the beads for my piece- I just gravitated towards the ones that went the best with the large Dragonfly focal from Lumina Inspirations that I got recently! It's perfect because the diameter of that bead matches perfectly to the diameter of the wood discs.

My other favorite thing about those wood discs, is the cut outs- Makes it perfect to use as a link and the donut holes were begging for embellishments!



The metal flower coins and the clasp were made using brand new components from the Tierra Cast Soulful Spirit line of findings!







If you'd like too see what other people ended up making for this challenge, check out the Halcraft blog!

Comments

  1. Great color combination! Love the necklace that you created; it has a modern flair to it and is also fun and unique. I like what you did with the metal flower coins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorelei, I'm sorry my comments didn't come through last week! I was on the road and I'm not sure that my connection worked. I LOVE how you played with the beads this month! The colors are so perfect, and that dragonfly is gorgeous worked in with the sunbursts. I'm always amazed at all of the design work in your pieces. The creativity in the connections of this necklace is amazing! The new TierraCast beads are so smart! Thank you for playing along. Your pieces always inspire!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha