Pretty Palettes September Reveal



Today is the day to reveal the finished projects using the September Halcraft Pretty Palettes beads!! This was such a great selection of beads- it was so easy to put a necklace together in this color palette. The soft purples and bright teals and Blues really sing together - I mean seriously! Look at that yarn in the inspiration photo!!!

Both Molly and I are knitters, and I know she would agree that this palette would make a nice Fade, eh girl?? Fading lights to dark- an ombre effect, is ALL THE RAGE right now in knitting.

Here are the beads:




For my necklace, I used a little bit of everything and knotted the beads on a lilac colored waxed linen cording.  To bring it around full circle, I kept with the knitting theme, and stamped some custom charms for the focal- 1 reads  Keep Calm Knit On, and the other reads K2TOG or Knit two together- a common knitting instruction.

The gorgeous hollow lamp work glass bead is from my friend Heather Sellers! I flanked it between 2 handmade nickel silver bead caps. 























As always, such a blast to use Bead Gallery beads from Halcraft! If you'd like to see what everyone else has made for the challenge this month, head over there to the Halcraft blog!
And as always, follow their blog to find out what the next challenge will be, and
head to Michael's to pick up the beads so you can share your work with us too!

Comments

  1. Lorelei, I love what you did with the beads this month. There's something really special about the pops of bright turquoise among the more muted tones that is exciting, just like in the image of the yarn! It's awesome that you kept with the yarn theme, too. From one knitter-beader to another, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that you incorporated the knitting theme! And that beautiful hollow lampwork bead really steals the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha