July 20, 2015

Yarn Clubs

If you are interested in trying out new and exciting yarns and want a nice little surprise in your mailbox once a month, why not join a yarn club?

So far I have received 1 shipment from Yarnbox.com.  I got the most beautiful purple yarn from Mrs. Crosby Loves to Play. 2 HUGE skeins!! This club runs about $40 a month.


You've got these options:


and then you can choose what colors you like, what yarn weights, cool vs. warm colors so that your subscription is just right for you.


I just signed up for Fiberista.com to compare the two to see which one I like better. They offer a minimum of 2 skeins of Luxury yarn.  It runs about $50 a month plus shipping. 
These are your options:


And then you have the options for choosing specific colors/tones/weights to cater the club to your tastes.

I will let you know how this one is next month when I get the first box!

In other knitting news.... 
I finished my Candle Flame shawl and started a short sleeve drop stitch sweater this past week.  The Shawl was a dream to knit. The yarn I used is Malabrigo Mecha and it's delightfully soft and fun to work with. 

The sweater is proving to be a real challenge as I am learning different techniques and pattern terms as I go along. The pattern, called Statice, is one that I spotted in a catalog for Rowan Creative Linen yarn.  I just hope I can make sense of the shaping to get this finished. I want to wear it!!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful shawl. Where would I find the pattern? Thanks Lorelei

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's available on Ravelry. It's called the Candle Flame Shawl.

      Delete

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha