Art Bead Scene Challenge: Milton Avery's Autumn



I thought I'd try my hand this month at the Art Bead Scene beading challenge. I was immediately drawn to the beautiful colors in Milton Avery's painting, Autumn from 1944.  I have to admit the colors were the inspiration behind the beads I chose.

I included art beads from Heather Millican of Swoon Dimples, some lampwork glass bicones from Two Turtles Designs. The wood beads are from Rich Kibbons out in Portland Oregon. The slider lamp work disc at the left, is from Outwest. The Pewter hook clasp was made by Green Girl Studios. And the etched River Rock pendant is from Riverstone Bead Co.

I really love that splash of bright red and orange by the black river rock pendant. Lots going on in this colorful necklace. It really was a joy to create!  I always love this beading challenge to get the juices flowing and it never ceases to spark tons of creativity. If you haven't tried submitting, I believe you should give it a shot! What have you got to lose?? NADA!!


Comments

  1. Super - nice white branch additions! - And the rest of it is all good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at a picture of this necklace on Facebook and thought "Wow, I love those colors!" Then I saw it was for the ABS challenge. Of course! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lorelei. Love how you used all those magnificent colors in the painting, and how you attached the amber yellow orange beads to the rest of the necklace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the vivid colors work together!! This piece is SO full of life and it makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Cool items from various Artist and you put them together so harmoniously!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great selection of colors for this piece. I hope to get my piece done for this challenge. I have all the beads because I excel at buying beads. I just need to get it done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha