Michael's Beading Challenge Blog Hop

There is one thing I'm good at. Getting involved in a project when I'm trying to avoid other things. So when Heather Powers asked me if I'd be interested in co-hosting a new Michael's challenge, I jumped at the chance.  This will be a perfect to avoid that customer service article I'm struggling to write.

Heather picked out some amazing beads, and I just got home from Michael's - I found all strands readily available and all at 40% off! You can't beat that Jack!



Now don't get nervous, I added a filter to my image and that brightened the colors of the photo a bit. It wasn't that hard to find the beads.... but here are the numbers from Top to bottom (numbers are the last 5 of the UPC code:



Reconstituted Turquoise White Rondel 93741
Aqua 9.5 x 10mm Table Cut Glass 55809
Purple Glass Round 6mm 80842
Aqua Opaque Table Cut Glass 99069
Bone Amber Rectangle 12 x 20mm 93294
Round Cut Horn Beads 91920
Green Ceramic 12mm Round 92927

It's impossible not to be completely inspired, am I right??

The beads are on sale 40% til Sunday- so snag em fast if you can! Here is where Heather got her inspiration when picking out these lovelies. Mmmmmmmm Gorgeous! 



So here are some rules.

You must have a blog to participate. It's a blog hop!

Don't have one but want to start one? I have a nice webinar course on setting up a blogger blog from start to finish. Get it here.

Use the beads shown here, and you can add in up to 2 additional bead types to your design. Create any piece of jewelry you like, with the beads, using your own choice of focal. If you want to make a necklace, and some matching bracelet and earrings... the sky is the limit.

Choose any design you like, using any technique - that'll be the fun part of the whole thing- to see what different things you can do with these same beads.

There are no rules folks. If you find similar beads somewhere like Hobby Lobby, go ahead and use em. Seeing what everyone does with similar beads, is half the fun. If you can't find a particular bead strand at Michael's you can substitute a similar one.

Reveal Date: July 16th


If you want to participate - Head on over to Heather's blog http://humblebeads.blogspot.com the morning of July 16th (reveal Day) and use the Link Up tool to add your blog links. I find this to be the easiest way to keep track of all the participants. So mark your calendars, buy the beads, create beautiful things, and get your blog posts ready for July 16 for a great hop!

Please feel free to leave comments on this post, or questions too!

Comments

  1. "Avoidance Tactics with Lorelei"...sounds like a great new eBook! ;-)
    I am so in with this. Of course, I have my own things to avoid so a challenge like this is perfect!
    I asked this of Heather... is the reveal date July 16th or August 27th. Color me confused! Looking forward to it! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you can join us! The reveal is officially JULY 16.
      :)

      Delete
  2. I love blog hops and the colors are gorgeous! So...I'm in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm in! Plus a few girls that come into the shop too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds terrific, but I'm in France.. Don't think I can get those beads, can I? Or is there a website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, they don't have the beads on their website Emmanuelle!

      Delete
  5. I don't have a blog, but the colors are out of my comfort zone. So I picked up the beads today, and will design along with you! Maybe I can get a blog going by the reveal date.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in! So long as the beadies reach me in time. Erin PH has been her usual awesome self and agreed to purchase on my behalf, and post over to me. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally found the beads my Michaels... I can join in the fun this time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha