Monday

It's Monday already. Where did the weekend go? It flew by like always. I didn't get done half of what I had planned to. I made some new pieces for the shop and listed them this morning. Like this cute owl bracelet that features a fun technique from Lesley Watt of Thea Jewellery. Check out the tutorial at her blog!








In other news, I am waiting patiently to find out about 2 juried shows I applied to for this year. The show at the Jewish Temple which I have done for the past 3 years, is taking a year off so I hope to supplement that show with a new show or two!  Fingers are crossed extra hard.

On Sunday Joe dragged me to Cicero to attend Volkswagen show. He needed a fix, as our van is still in the shop waiting for backordered parts. We have yet to be able to camp in it. Maybe by September??
It was fun to see all the great vehicles. Some are so so nice, with brand new engines and beautiful interiors.  Check out our  72 Westy Blog to see more photos (will get them up soon).





Comments

  1. I love this sweet, fun bracelet and it's a great adaptation of the technique. Thanks for sharing the Tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those VW Vans!! I would love to have one. Once your and Joe's is finished, it will be just as beautiful. I love the owl bracelet. I do not have the correct stringing material to make a bracelet with that technique. I tried and my string unraveled and my jump rings were to big for my seed beads.. lol I had a mess.. Have a wonderful Monday!! And I agree the weekend went by way to fast. But I was lucky. I had Mark home from Thursday pm to Monday am.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed on the juries! Be sure to share the good news when you get it so we can celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. carolyn8/13/2012

    LOVE how you added your unique style to the bracelet technique! Great color combination too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bracelet, love the VWs! Helen and I are dreaming and plotting of getting one for ourselves....turning it into a travelling bead-mobile amongst other things....how cool would it be to rock up to a craft show in one of those?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the black white & pink one is KILLER!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha