THANK YOU TORI SPELLING!


I was browsing around Michael's Craft store the other day and came across a new line of components called Styled by Tori Spelling. Most of what is in the collection, isn't really my style. But THESE, I am digging. They are blinged out metal connectors with rhinestones around the outside edge.  There's a little lever that opens the link. Possibilities for these are endless! I bought several of course, some in copper and some in brass.


I used them last night in this necklace design, Pop Fizz.  I attached 3 strands of chain to each of the copper links. Created a beaded section with lucite beads and a Glass  Garden Bottle cap bead, and an enameled connector from C Koop Beads.


Below you can see the link opened.  The coolest part about this piece is, you can detach the beaded section, link the 2 blingy connectors together and wear the chain section as a bracelet! Two for one, Baby!!




This necklace is available on Etsy!

Comments

  1. What a clever idea to have the piece double as a removable bracelet!!! Love the name you chose too.

    Ohhh, I could get into serious trouble just thinking about all the goodies at Michaels. It's a good thing I'm not very close to one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen this new line. Very cool! Will be on the hunt for those. Love a twofer! That is one of my favorite design tricks! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool!! Will have to keep an eye open for them next time I shop at Michaels. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! It is a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what I call a "Smart Link"! How handy is that?! I like the way you used them to hold the two sections together and they are just made for the interchangeable necklace/bracelet pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, I haven't seen these. I like the Noir Styled line, I am more into the vintage look. I have several pieces that I got last week, but haven't had time to play with yet! Looking forward to seeing what you come up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree... of all Tori's stuff for the craft stores those were the ones that caught my eye!
    Love what you did with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are cute as can be. Like the 2 for 1..better head to Michael's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a really cool necklace/bracelet idea, and the connectors are blinging great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very charming and so smart idea in those links!
    What a pitty that they don't send these (or anything) outside USA.
    I like very much your necklace :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, who knew I might one day be interested in something with Tori Spelling's name on it? But indeed I am - nice find! I've been meaning to get over to Michael's and now ... well who knew it would be incentivized by Tori? Btw, saw your "Sandy" necklace in stringing this morning - LOVE IT! I brought back several large shell focals from New Zealand and you gave me such great ideas for those! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sue-Lin5/31/2012

    Went looking for those connectors yesterday but they're not available in Canada, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those connectors are great. We haven't received them yet at my Michaels....sigh. I would love to use these in my design class at the store.

    Great necklace/bracelet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha