outgrown



It's official- I am starting to outgrow the current studio. Been chewing on a big re-organization plan that includes a whole lot of destash, and the re-arrangement of 4 rooms to get my studio back upstairs. It sounds daunting doesn't it?
HA!
But I am looking quite forward to it.  After the holidays are over, I will be hopefully executing this plan.
Lately it's been hard to get into the studio to make new things. It's still a disaster in there from when I dumped all of it back in there after my show.

Last night was the first time in a while that I sat down and listened to my muse. I am enjoying big showy necklaces like these. The first one is lighter than it looks- those resin rounds are pretty and extremely light.


Loving this new double-stranded necklace that features some art beads from Elaine Ray and a toggle from Melinda Orr.




Comments

  1. Beautiful pieces! Love the colorful beads on that first one.

    Just send that destash stuff to me. I'll take real good care of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pieces! I think we benefit from taking time to listen to our muses.

    And I completely know what you mean about outgrowing your studio space. Mine is constantly a mess and I'm always beating back the spreading monster that infects the other parts of the house.

    It's a slow process, but I'm trying to get things organized as well, in both the store studio space and my home studio... which having two places to create and the challenges therein is a different conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear that half of my beading time is spent moving beads around and creating a space for designing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both, but the colors in the first one make me very happy. Can't wait to see what you're destashing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really loving both of these beauties. The first one is so cheery. Love the colors. It makes me smile. The second piece is just to- die-for-gorgeous and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you, i need to do a major destash too - clothes, beads, etc. I'm feeling buried by all my crap (but not literally, in a hoarder way LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are both stunning. I love the blue and earth tones in the second necklace. It's just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, aaaah, these necklaces are stunners. It's good to sit down and listen to the muse every now and again. Especially after shows. She seems to disappear when you've been busy getting ready for a show.

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with reorganizing and shifting your studio.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wooooow, showstoppers, both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12/14/2011

    love, love, love the blue one! it's Perfect :)
    Kim (Texas)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha