Returned from a Mountain Paradise




Hi!

I want to apologize if I've made you worry. I think we are back on track now. It was a very stressful and long week last week- I felt doubtful and unsure, and very sad. It's tough when something like this hits you out of left field. But I think we are back on track, and my eyes are wide open now. Not necessarily looking for something to happen but just being aware, being on my toes, having my guard up.

We ran away to the Adirondack mountains, and spent two days breathing the brisk mountain air, eating our favorite foods, relaxing together with no agenda and no ringing cell phones and no text messages.
It was so nice to visit this area of NY state again. We almost moved to Saranac Lake when we were getting out of college. Joe tried to do his student teaching there. We talked about how different our lives would be if that had actually happened. We suspect we'd be skiers. And possibly thinner from all that exercise. But we are quite happy how things are, and where we are. Yes. I am just right where I'm supposed to be.



 thank you all for your support, words of encouragement and just sticking with me. regular posts will start again tomorrow.




Comments

  1. So glad you had a refreshing weekend. We need to take vacations from the world a lot more often than we do. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are alright. And happy that you were able to go to a very special place - how wonderful (and revitalizing!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorelei,
    I'm not sure what you're going through but I'm glad to hear that you are finding your strength once again. Best wishes as you move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone needs to get away from it all for a little while just to relax and reflect. You and your husband chose a beautiful setting to do just that. Glad all is well.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gald to hear, that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi L, so happy and relieved that you have turned the corner and are on the up again. Time away with your sweetie with no technology and lots of fresh air = perfect. Take care, Vicki :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy that you are OK and that you took some time out. Hope that you are not so sad now. Love the picture of you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Breathing mountain air is always good for the soul. Beautiful photos of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you took time away from 'stuff'. What a lovely place to escape to.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy to hear you are feeling "back on track" and what a beautiful way to get there.
    I value the opportunity to "tune in" to your world regularly by visiting your blog. You are funny and creative and an inspiration just by being you. I wish you lots of "happy posts" from here on in and lots of great days ahead to post about!
    Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you were able to spend some time to enjoy the love in your life and reevaluate. I am so sorry to hear about your bout of sadness but delighted to know that you are stronger and more aware now. You know that I'm a big quote nerd so I will share one especially for now...

    'Too much sunshine makes a desert'

    We need little moments of sadness to awake us to all the blessings we have. Or, at least I do. I can be a real 'brooder'
    Loves you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lorelei, what a breathtaking location...i am so happy you found what you were looking for to mend your sole & you make a very sweet looking couple...
    take care & i look forward to your posts ttfn Lana :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lorelei,

    What a gorgeous view and a great photo of you and your hubby. I too am sorry for your sadness, and hop you have lots of sunshine ahead. I loved your photo booth photos on facebook! You are such a good leader to allow yourself to take a step away from everything and take care of yourself. Wishing you lots of serenity! Kris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy all is going to be well with you. I was out of town and have searched through blog posts to see if you had posted. So glad you are back and refreshed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha