Andrew's September Beading Challenge



I knew I wanted to participate as soon as I saw that Andrew's September challenge included all of this purple goodness! I had a bit of a thing for purple lately. Not only that but he included some really great art beads from some of my favorites: Polymer floral charm from Humblebeads; Enameled flowers from C Koop Beads; a GROW connector from Swoon Dimples and some beautiful purple Soft Flex beading wire. I love the seed bead mix and the Swarovski's- I couldn't wait to get started!



I crafted a necklace first. Using the double linked silver plated chain around the back, I beaded 2 strands using the seed beads and crystals at the front.   The large crystal rounds, have holes big enough that you can pass the wire through twice so instead of just stringing them, I looped the wire back around and through the hole a second time creating some interest, and allows you to see some of that cool Purple Soft Flex wire. I attached one of the Extra components, [a beautiful handmade copper flower pendant], layered with the smaller C Koop enameled flower, to the strands with a large seedbeaded bail.   I added a few of my own elements. A Tierra cast flower button and toggle bar that links into the looped soft flex wire button loop. 


The necklace has a very nice and Romantical feeling to it.  I can see it being worn with the perfect dress to a wedding, or even with a nice suit to a business meeting.



My second piece is a bracelet. Using the purple wire, I strung some faceted purple Czech glass, a few curved brass tubes, the dichroic glass Mystery component, Swoon Dimples grow connector and Enameled flower. I love how this piece turned out. The curved brass beads really modernize the bracelet. I dangled the Humblebeads charm on a large jump ring and it slides along one of the brass bars. I capped the shimmering dichroic bead with one of Mamacita Beadworks pewter bead caps.





I really look forward to what Andrew has up his sleeve for his next monthly challenges. This one was a blast!


Be sure to head over to Andrew's blog to get the list of participants in this month's blog hop!

Sally Russick
Tara Linda
Paula Kramer
Melinda Orr
Beth Emery
 

Comments

  1. The bracelet is my favorite. Love the design and the purple wire! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pieces are beautiful! That bracelet is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE both of the designs. I too have a big love for purple and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love both ~ The bracelet is really simple beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOOOO pretty! Really love those colors too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool Lor! Love the bracelet too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pieces!!!!! Lovely colours and inspiring combinations!!! Perfect for autumn!!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful color palette. I especially love the sweet bracelet. Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the slider charm on that bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lorelei, my goodness your creativity amazes me idk anyone else who can look at all those different components that you would think can't possibly work together and then to put them all together and make something that acctually look great!!!
    take care ttfn Lana :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out really pretty! I am especially in love with the bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colors, I really like the bracelet, the enameled flowers are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10/02/2011

    Love your pieces!
    I didn't use everything in my kit, and added a few new. I think it was ok to post them now...
    tara

    http://taralinda.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like them both a lot Lorelei. I think the bracelet is my favorite though. Love the brass tube links!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, nice, really sweet. Just adore the way you put your beads together. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous10/04/2011

    Both designs are beautiful, Lorelei! I'm really loving that bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lorelei,

    Just love the focal you built with the enamel flower and mystery component. It is very romantic! Just beautiful! And how great that you made two pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous9/30/2012

    Lorelie,

    I was surfing around and saw your blog. My wife,Terri and sister-in-law Susan market art and jewelry here in Fort Worth,Texas. (tpeurto@att.net)

    David Eurto

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha