Stocking up on clasps


I tend to fly through clasps. So I stocked up today at Limabeads.com.  The collage above shows what I got. Some toggles, buttons, hook clasps in silver and brass, , copper toggles from Patricia Healey, swirl hooks from Green Girl Studios, and some awesome barbell chain. AND! See that cool sunshine shaped link? That's something I hadn't seen before, A green girl studios Shibuichi link. VERY COOL! These are on my wish list for next time.

I love this site, it truly is one of my favorite online shops. I don't know if I ever told you this but Limabeads was the first online shop I bought beads from back in 2007 when I first started beading. I can remember splitting the order with my friend Tara, we got a couple of strands of stones.  They are one of the best sites for varieties of stones and now they are getting all of these cool Czech beads, Artisan beads, chain, pearls etc etc!!
The newest feature of the site is their new Create & Learn center where you can learn everything from how to use resin, to stringing techniques. Maybe this will be the place where I can get a good handle on the whole Resin mystery.

Oh and it was very cool, I got to meet the owners, Kevin and Ali Sly at Bead and Button! That was surreal! They are the nicest people and so passionate about their website and business.

 I am working together with Shannon of ForMySweetDaughter, to start the next beading challenge and we are shopping at Limabeads this time around. But the exciting part is, they are going to be putting together kits for shoppers - so they can purchase everything all at once! Don't worry, I'll talk more about all this soon!

Comments

  1. Love Lima Beads!! Great personal customer service and unique selection of gemstones. Looking forward to seeing the beading kit for the next challenge...how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome shout out for Limabeads, I too had my first online order from them as well. They have a great design and fresh picks as well that are great and all the designers on there are great and offer alot of encouragement for newbies. Love your purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. swopemelmel6/22/2011

    That sounds awesome. Shannon is a really sweet lady. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice things you got! That chain has been on my wish list too for some time now. And I love that shibuichi thingy from green girl. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea!
    I am up for the next challenge.. I hope it is soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I suggest Jen Cushman's resin book at Ice Resin.com. Picked up a signed copy at B&B. She was doing great ice resin demos in their booth. I thinking mixing and patience in the curing process are the 2 keys to a successful pour.
    You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those clasps are pretty enough to be the main attraction.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha