I couldn't believe how quickly I got my new camera. Oh! By the way, it's a Panasonic Lumix FZ40. As of yesterday morning, Amazon said it was still be prepared to ship. I found the box on my porch about 8pm last night! I wasn't really able to play with it much last night, due to the beading bonanza happening up in the studio. Before I got home I stopped into the drug store and stocked up on cough syrup and Zyrtec. They worked WONDERFULLY, and I was able to sleep solidly all night long, no coughing!
Anyway, this morning was dark and rainy so the pics I took of the new pretties, aren't as sharp and crisp as I would like. Could be the settings on the camera, but could be the lack of light too. I will spend some time today going over the instruction manual and see if I can learn anything. I wish it was more basic, like click this button for less light, flip this switch for more light. It's always gotta be so freakin complicated, and I end up just giving up after the 5 minute attention span that I have for things like this.
Onto the jewelry...
This was a nice happy accident. I started at one end, attached the beading wire to the pewter flower half of the clasp from Green Girl Studios. I was invisioning the clasp to be word at the side. I beaded the necklace randomly with lucite, mixed stones, glass, bead caps, amazonite, and enameled rounds from Barbara Lewis. I get to the end and attach the bee part of the clasp. When I tried clasping it, I realized I had attached the end of the wire to the hole in the clasp that was supposed to be for the bee, instead of the little loop on the back of the flower. DOH! Instead of restringing, I attached the bee to it's intended place anyway, and then dangled an Earthenwood leaf to the loop on the back of the flower- creating my own little focal of sorts. ;) voila! problem solved!