Friends, Breakfast, and a Challenge


Look who showed up on my doorstep Sunday morning! Nancy Schindler brought her friend Daniele Vick, another Ceramics artist who I know from Facebook and blogging, and the three of us went out for breakfast! It was so cool meeting Dani in person finally!

The three of us had fun talking shop, being silly, and had some good laughs. After breakfast, we headed to Michaels- YUH! You KNOW I had to get them all involved in another little Michaels Challenge- and Dani is participating too!  We picked out our beads and headed back home to get some pics in the studio. We weren't really feelin' the Flip but the girls got lots of great stills, like this one that Nancy took, above.

Look how cool my studio looks in this shot! I love it. We had a blast. It's so nice to get together with friends once in a while. I am starting to feel a bit better now after a few days of taking antiobiotics for this sinus infection. I just about drove Joe insane while lying in bed last night, coughing non-stop due to the post nasal drip going on. it's AWFUL! Luckily I was able to find a decongestant and that seemed to help and I slept all night soundly.

Anyhoo, on to the good stuff. The Michaels challenge is going to work the same way it did last time. We chose several strands of beads/chain- we can bring in 2 additional beads or colors- and choose our own focal. Any clasp will be fine. We are doing necklaces.  The beads with the green tags, regularly priced $5.99 are on sale for 40% this week. We took advantage and bought mostly in this category. Except the chain.

Peacock freshwater pearls, gunmetal chain, faceted mother of pearl ovals, chunky black nuggets, and some glass that is transparent with silver edges. The pretty blingy toggle below is something I found during our trip, that I thought would work well with the beads we picked.  The theme is wintery (but with these colors, I'm thinking Stormy. I am really excited to see what we each come up with and I hope that if you have a Michaels nearby, you should definitely play along too! We'll be revealing our finished designs Friday December 17th.

Comments

  1. o-o-o-o, another challenge. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy and I was just at michaels today, guess I have to go back ho hum!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that toggle. Your Michael's has the best stuff. Mine is retarded - rarely anything new or interesting. Can't wait to see how your challenge turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I'm in! Hopefully, the yucky weather will pass today, and I'll be off tomorrow to Michaels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm excited to get in on this challenge! I thought of you girls while perusing the on-sale racks last week...now I'm ready to bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess I am going to Michael's!
    I have something to return so I'll put that money towards beads, yippie!!!
    Shannon C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great, but I must pass on this one. Trying to get back on track after back surgery. I am game for the next one!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, I'm going to try and make it to the city and get to Michaels. Ours is rather lacking, so we'll see. Of course, that's only if I can remember to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Count me in but I wasn't able to find faceted mother of pearl ovals. The closest I could find as a substitute was white nebula. Can I still play?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds fun! Why not add one more thing to our lists? Can't wait to see what everyone makes again and visit all of your fun blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love these challenges! woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd like to play too! I just wanted to check my Michaels first to make sure I could get everything. I forgot to bring a list so I had to pick from memory. I forgot the nuggets and bought the wrong pearls but got everything else right. :-) I'll head back this week and get the rest of the stuff. This should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in...got my stuff tonight! This is going to be so much fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Count me in as well. Just back from Michael's and found all the beads. I've already got designs swirling in my head! But first to blog and make dinner. . . ah life!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12/09/2010

    This is my favorite palette -- of course my Michael's had neither the faceted shells nor the silver-edged glass beads, but I think I found some solid substitutions ... should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lorelei, even though it's insane this time of year, I'm going to try to participate. I'll let you know if I manage to squeeze it in. Pure FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous12/12/2010

    I have to find a Michael's store that is close to me! Then I will participate also. Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Count me in! My Michael's is a little out-of-stock on some things and I could only find the chain, faceted pearls, and peacock pearls, (went back twice to check for the rest, but alas, no luck!) but I really like what I came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please add me to the list. This will be fun maryhardingjewelrybeadblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Lorelei -

    I forgot to let you know I'm participating - please add me to your list! Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. please add me too
    www.pijworld.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha