July 14, 2010

I heart Lynn Davis


Lynn Davis never ceases to amaze me, and inspire me! I can pick up any one of her lovely handmade creations and feel transported back into a different era of time. I love the vintage flair of her work- I think we fit hand in hand. Thanks Lynn for your inspiration, and your talent! Above, a new bracelet that features one of Lynn's large polyclay focal connectors with eyelets on either side. I created a bangle style bracelet by attaching the focal to a 14g brass wire. Dressing up the wire with some patinaed wire from Miss Fickle Media, it adds a bit of interest and texture to wire. Before doing that, I banged the wire up with some taps of my ball peen hammer to age the look of the metal. I wire wrapped some dangles, a lampwork drop from Gardanne beads, and a brass shell from the Industrial Chic line. On the other side, I wire wrapped a small ivory lampwork glass flower from Blue Seraphim.
Lynn is in the process of moving to Louisiana but you can check out her sold section at her Etsy shop, here.

7 comments:

  1. lynn certainly is inspiring... her work is vast in scope and meticulously created... i too admire her so very much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have bought so much stuff from Lynn that I probably financed her move LOL! So far, though, I am hoarding it all to myself. I love what you did with that connector piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a match made in heaven, Miss Lorelei! I love everything Lynn does. But what you have transformed this into is nothing short of pure inspiration. I can never think of things that clever! I didn't realize she was moving. I have half of a drawer in my printer's cabinet with her things in it. Time to stop hoarding and start creating! Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful piece made with such beautiful components.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an awesome piece of jewelry!
    I didn't know Lynn was moving, she was the closest to me of all my online acquaintances!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and i heart lorelei! this looks so very great. The simplicity of the bangle form, with a couple little 'perks' along the way. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lorelei, thanks for making such a lovely out of the component, you always know just how to pull things together.

    Yes, I'm moving to be nearer my grandbaby and her parents - it's been planned a long time but my daughter can't wait any longer, and neither can I.

    I'll have a whole new studio, all set up in a special building for me, and I'm looking forward to getting unpacked and getting CREATIVE again ... moving is a lot of work!

    Thanks for showcasing the work and mentioning the relocation! HUGE HUGS

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha