Virtual Shopping Trip with Lorelei

Almond Blossoms
Vincent van Gogh Stichting (1953-1890)
Oil on Canvas, 73.5 X 92 cm
Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam

Hey Ya'all!
My name is Looooralie, and I'll be your tour guide today on
my ABS Challenge Virtual Shopping Trip. Just take a seat,
and grab a cup of coffee and enjoy this little journey.
Be prepared to shop though, because this Art Bead Scene challenge
will be ending on the the 31st!


First stop: Artbeads.com

What better place to snag some art beads than at Artbeads.com??
How bout one of these lovely ceramic focal beads featuring some pretty
cherry blossoms? Paired with the sparkly faceted glass beads in a pale blue green
color palette, and then finish the design off with a pretty Boro glass toggle?
DE-LISH!!


Stop number 2: ETSY

Surfing around Etsy, the shopping mecca for handmade goods, I stumbled
happily across Beth Hemmila's shop HINT. This silver pendant
with the hummingbird and flower motif would be perfect for this month's challenge.
Why not wire wrap it onto some pretty silk ribbon from Jamnglass, and
include a pretty silver floral toggle from Cathy Dailey down at the front of the necklace!


Also found on Etsy...
How bout this little combination of artbead goodness?
A strand of lampworked glass drops from Kelleysbeads,
a handstamped polymer clay pendant from Swoondimples,
hand-patinaed chain from MissFickleMedia,
and a BEAUTY connector from Amanda Davie!!
I envision a contemporary, asymmetrical design using all of
these elements in one piece!

Final stop: Ornamentea
Since Resin pendants are all the rage, why not pick up one
of Elaine Ray's clever handmade ceramic bezels and fill
it with imagery that resembles this month's painting!?
Pair it with some blue waxed linen cording, blue and white rounds
 and pretty ceramic bead caps, also from Elaine Ray.

This concludes my little virtual shopping trip... I hope you are feeling inspired
and that you participate
I can't wait to see all the entries!

Comments

  1. LOVE that chain from Miss Fickle Media and the Swoondimples pendant. Such a great challenge this month at ABS with a fantastic color palette! Thanks for playing the Virtual Shopping Tour Guide today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the ribbon on the necklace you posted yesterday. It made me think of spring. And now today I see (and love) the cherry blossom bead, also invoking spring. It's like the weather feels warmer just reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was fun, thanks for the reminder I need to make some ABS inspired beads this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great lineup of bead goodies! I've had a creative blog, but so want to get something made for the ABS challenge. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tour Miss Lori...I love the soft blues with the bronze. I'm feeling froggy like Spring is getting close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely components to make something anyone would treasure!
    Leave it to you...to find all
    of these wonderful finds! Btw hope
    you are having much more muchness
    today with feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are just way too much fun. I would love to go on a shopping trip with you...real or virtual! Love all these choices. Makes me have an itch that I can't scratch until I get that package filled with art beads I ordered!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin
    P.S. My word verifcation? RESSESS... makes me want to have a Reese's peanut butter egg will swinging on the jungle gym at recess! Wouldn't it be great if adults got recess too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. betty s3/11/2010

    Sweet! All great combos, but especially love that hint charm with the ribbon. Love this month's challenge.
    Betty S.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great selection! I looooove the ABS inspiration this month and now you're getting me motivated to start on something!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, sometimes I forget that you can find some cool beads on Artbeads.com. I usually just keep things simple there. And thank you so much for honoring my tiny hummingbird as a potential addition to this month's challenge. I'm itching to design something based on this beautiful painting! Now you've got me wondering if I should choose the hummingbirds!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You make it so easy. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was so much fun!
    Once again I am in awe of your eye for pulling elements together, Loooooralie.

    Thanks for the mention, it is an honor to be among such wonderful talent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a wonderful shopping trip, I had so much fun! Thank you! I hope I can get my entry in on time... taxes are getting in the way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha