Happy Valentine's Day

My Valentine bought me 2 potted Orchids for Valentine's day. One double stalked plant for the family room and one single for my studio! Aren't they beautiful?! I just hope I can keep them alive! I love that he picked these out for me. What a guy!
Today I'll be scouring my cookbooks to find the perfect "Valentines meal" for tonight. Any suggestions??


Oh, and before I forget, enjoy this weeks Bead Bloggers links:

A Bead A Day
Need a quick gift or new piece of jewelry for work tomorrow? You can't miss with black Econoflex Softflex wire!

About.com Jewelry Making
Ever thought of applying for a jewelry making grant? If so, here is news about how to do so as well as some important tips to follow.

Art Bead Scene
Art Bead Scene Unveils the February Monthly Challenge - Luna Park by Vestie Davis.

Barbe Saint John - New Jewelry from Forgotten Artifacts
Avoiding work by showing off some new jewelry pieces and other eye candy

Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi attempts to explain how one necklace turns into two.

Cindy Gimbrone aka The Lampwork Diva
An addition to the Grunge Bead Series - Grunge Faux Bois!

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie shows off the necklace she made for the Bead Soup Party: a delicious blend of stone, pearls, glass, ceramic, and brass ingredients.

Jean Campbell
Jean did a little product scouting in Tucson...check out her favorite finds!

Jewelry & Beading
Cyndi has a great giveaway going on: TWO gift certificates for Murano glass jewelry!!

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
The connection you can have with a customer, is a treasure. Collaborating on a necklace, Lorelei and JoAnn create a wonderful keepsake.

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Book review by jean: feel like learning new techniques? Try this new text with fab photos!

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Using components from Artbeads.com, Andrew creates a Valentine's Day worthy necklace named, "Not Without".

Comments

  1. Gorgeous orchids! I never had any luck with them, and then I got one at a school sale - I figured what the heck, support the school, it will die soon. But I've had it for years and it keeps on blooming! The key is not to do anything, I think!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh orchids! I love orchids! I don't own any myself (except for faux ones) but my parents have one that has lasted for years. I think Sue is right - they key is not to fuss too much. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I found your blog very entertaining. At our company, we are planning to throw a Valentine's day party this Friday, though we are a little late but hope to have a nice get together for our staff as well as share holders. I am checking sites for some out-of-the-box ideas. Any suggestions...?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lorelei Happy valentines day! My Father used to grow Orchids for a long time...dont over water them or they will die is the # one rule!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Valentine's Day gift! The colors are stunning!

    Thank you for sharing!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are sweet and lovely! Such a perfect Valentine's Day gift!

    How about a Red Velvet cake?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful Lorelei. Its Chicken Parmesan for us tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those orchids are gorgeous!!!! enjoy your day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Orchids are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing:) And happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha