January 22, 2010
Gardanne Glass Heart Necklace Tutorial
Last week, Anne posted a bit of a giveaway for a Free Beads/Tutorial opportunity and I put my name in the hat.
I'm the big weener.
So Anne sent the beads my way and last night, I let my fingers do the talking and came up with this unique seed bead/wire wrapped necklace design.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
1. Cut a piece of 22g brass wire, to 3 inches long. Create a simple loop at one end using round nose pliers. String the Heart focal. String 1 small 3mm wood round. Form a wrapped loop with the remaining wire.
2. Attach the focal to a large 15mm split Brass jump ring.
3. Cut 2 pieces of size .12 beading wire into 10 inch pieces. String onto one wire 120 bronze seed beads. Thread the beaded wire through the 15mm jump ring. Bring the ends together. Thread 2 7mm jump rings onto the two ends. String 1 crimp bead. String the ends onto 1 4mm jump ring. Thread the 2 ends back through the crimp bead and crimp tightly using crimping pliers.
Repeat step 3 with the other wire.
4. Cut 2 pieces of 22g brass wire into 3 inch sections. Form a wrapped loop, attaching the loop to one of the 4mm jump rings on the seed beaded section. String 1 Turquoise oval. Form a wrapped loop. Repeat this step for the other side.
5. Cut 6 pieces of 22g wire and string 4 amber colored glass beads, and 2 cream glass beads. Using small 3 link sections of brass cable chain, attach the chain to each beaded wrapped loop, creating a chain.
6. On the final link, attach a 4mm jump ring and a lobster clasp.
1 Lamp work Heart focal from Gardanne Glass
4 Amber lamp work beads and 3 cream and amber spacers from Gardanne Glass
240 amber color glass seed beads
2 Horse Eye shaped 19 x 12mm African Turquoise beads
1 Brass 15mm jump ring
4 Brass 7mm jump rings
3 Brass 4mm jump rings
27-28 inches of Brass 22 g wire
15 links of brass cable chain
1 Brass lobster clasp
Brass findings, chain and clasp from Vintaj Brass Co.
Brass wire from Patina Queen
Turquoise from Lima Beads
Seed Beads- Blue Moon Beads