September 6, 2009

Sunday- Links, and Favorites





Man there are a lot of cool things on Etsy lately. People are producing some top notch beady components. And frankly, it's killing me!!! Okay, truth be told. I over-extended myself a tad when I was in Philly at Bead Fest. How could I not! All those sparkly and shiny beads, begging to go home with me! But due to this over extension of funds, I am forced to constantly fill up my Etsy favorites. It's chock full of beady goodness. And it's killing me that I can't buy it all up like I usually can.

This past week has been slow in sales, has it been that way for you too? I have been thinking recently about paying for (when I can afford to) some advertising, maybe Google AdWords, or on Facebook. Maybe I need a little bit more exposure.

Today I'm taking a break from the studio and Joe and I are meeting my father and his girlfriend, and my sister and her boyfriend at the NY State fair. Going to hopefully enjoy a little bloomin' onion or two. See if I can get my hands on a Sham-Wow. Take some pictures of some funny lookin' chickens in the animal barn. Oogle the butter sculpture. and etc. etc.
Don't forget tomorrow, I will be announcing the 4th Enchanted Adornments Giveaway prize. Stay tuned for that!

Here are the Bead Bloggers links for the week:

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton Andrew and Diana Ptaszynski of Vintage Blue Studio have a throw down! See how Andrew uses Heather Powers of Humble Beads' Polymer Bird-Head Pendant!

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done! Jean reviews Contemporary Copper Jewelry by the wonderful Sharilyn Miller

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio While in Philadelphia for Bead Fest, Lorelei met up with Andrew Thornton and he gave her some presents!

Jewelry & Beading Cyndi shares another CopprClay project, which includes making your own mold!

Jean Campbell Jean's got a cool job--check out what she's been working on!

Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva Cindy brings some color to her new bronze floral medallions.

Carmi's Art/Life World Carmi shows off her unexpected bead finds from a store in Little Portugal.

Barbe Saint John - New Jewelry from Forgotten Artifacts Tool talk-this time its hole punching pliers & wire cutters

Art Bead Scene Wondering how big 20mm really is? Here's a handy size chart to keep by your computer. It'll help you out!

About.com Jewelry Making What's in a name, the name of your jewelry pieces that is? Here are a few tips to consider when naming jewelry you sell through the web.

A Bead A Day Do you have some favorite beads that bring you joy? Lisa is using "inspirational sliders" to make gifts for friends and would love to hear about your joyful beads!

6 comments:

  1. thanks for the favorite pics, that's sweet of you. i have quite a few new etchings, just need to get back to the city to put them on etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been drooling over your pendant since you listed it. I wish I could buy all of your new etchings! *waaaaahhh.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. those aqua ball jars I have been seeing everywhere. My grandma has a basement full of them. I sent myself a box full last summer...they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good. And here I thought I was the only one who couldn't get enough beady goodness and needs to stop buying things! I took a hiatus from looking at Etsy for awhile because it was just making me crazy that I couldn't get what I wanted. Now I just got back at it and bought more components than I know what to do with...but my goal is to reduce my stash of art beads...so I can buy more! Thanks for sharing these...I have seen most of them and will check out the ones I haven't! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Erin,
    it's a sickness really. The whole artbead thing. Usually I end up with more than I need.... because it's like clothing. when I see something I Like, I need to buy it in several different colors.. Same thing for artbeads. I never just buy 1!!
    If you wanted to get rid of some of your art beads, I'd love to do a little art bead swap- but maybe we buy from the same people
    (?) I don't know. Might be fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too many beads! Reduce your stash! Are you barking mad? Darling one cannot be too thin, too rich nor have too many beads. :()

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha