Necklace Round Robin- Group ONE

After I assembled the first group for the Necklace Round Robin, I decided to host a second smaller group of 4. That's why you see this post is titled Group 1. I received most all of the necklaces before my trip to London and then when I returned home, I received the final packages. Over the weekend I finally had a chance to make my additions to each one. What a talented group of ladies - I was so excited to work on each one. To leave room for the rest of group, I didn't add a whole lot to each one. But I enjoyed picking out different coordinating beads for each necklace. They are all so different in their feel! I love how individual they are!



Gaea created a fun and colorful longer necklace using red cording. Gaea hand-knotted little silver soldered jump rings at equal intervels and the pendant is made up of a hammered silver ring with one of her sweet sugar skulls dangling as a charm. It's hard to see in the picture what I added - a sweet red button charm, and a lampwork glass drop (Unicorne Beads) charm
on the large ring; and Vintage German glass paisley beads, and a faceted yellow jade bead, a red dice bead, and a small green ceramic house beads (Jubilee).





This neckace is from Mollie Valente. Mollie created her own resin filled copper pendant featuring a sweet bird image. Her color theme is pale blue, and rusty browns, and the theme in her necklace is wings. I created my own copper wire chain up one side, and added some more copper chain up the other side, with a wire wrapped button charm, and faceted amazonite rounds. I unfortunately didn't have any smaller sized wings to add to her piece, but there will be plenty of room for other designers to add wings since Mollie wants her necklace be a long 40".





Alison's necklace is a simple brass single strand piece, with brass wire, and wire wrapped rust color rounds. The focal is a beautiful deep emerald green stone set into a brass bezel. I used a lot of the beads that Alison sent along with her necklace including some green jasper ovals, and pressed glass leaves, and vintage glass bicones. I added a second strand to the necklace with darkened copper metal seed beads.


Nancy started her necklace with some of her own ceramic components, in rich teal and green tones. She created neat little links with wire wrapped around each with coordinating colors of seed beads. She attached the green ceramic link to the interior of a copper hammered ring.
I added Vintaj Brass jump rings and added some little pale blue glass rondelles onto the large jump rings. I also added a vintage brass toggle bar. To the copper ring, I added some beautiful embroidered blue and green ribbon that I found on our trip to London. (the glass rondelles also were bought in London!)







Emanda created a long silver cable chain necklace in which she added different wire wrapped beads, and religious symbols. I simply added a few more beads and charms at different intervals around the necklace- a copper cross, a silver flower charm, lampwork rings, copper wire wrapped crystal quartz cubes, and mauve colored pearls, and blue freshwater pearls.





Here is my necklace. My theme is birds. I started it with some chunky chain from AD Adornments. I added some brown waxed linen cording and hand knotted a few ceramic discs from Summers Studio, and a ceramic house bead from Jubilee. I wire wrapped a few dangles on the chain of a little silver bird and nest that Heather Powers bought me, and one of my favorite pewter bird beads from Green Girl Studios.


I can't wait to see what each and every designers adds to all the necklaces. I can't wait to see the direction each one will go in! What fun this is!

Comments

  1. Everything looks really awesome. How fun! You can see each artist's contribution to the pieces.

    Funky Monkey Girl,
    Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very giving of your time and talents! Not one but two groups? Where do you find the time...these are all so lovely. And like the bracelet round robin the are each a unique representation of the person who started it. They are all in for a wonderful treat when it is their turn and again when it comes back home. I wear my bracelet/necklace with great pride and love for each of the friends I have made. Can't wait to see more!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each piece is already beautiful and so unique. I particularly like the blue and green ribbon you added to Nancy's necklace - it's lovely. Can't wait to see how everything grows from here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look AMAZING! I can't wait to see them with my own eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lorelei,

    I can't wait to see these lovelies in person. Each one is so beautiful. Thanks for the preview.

    Emanda
    ArtemisiaStudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of them are wonderful! I love what you did with my necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful roundup. Every piece has its own special flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all turning out so great. My favorite is Mollie's. Love the color in that one. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love doing round robins and swaps...you just never know what's going to emerge at the other side! These are wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the sneak peak! Can't wait to see it all unfold to the end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha