April 22, 2009

Humblebeads and Mix Tapes CONTEST!


1991

Since I don't have a scanner, this is the best I could find from my teen years.
I was in 11th grade I believe, and my sister in this pic was 1 year old.
This was back in the day when all I had was a tape player and the radio and I'd
tape songs off the radio to hear them again and again. I would play them over
and over and over, memorize the words, sometimes write the words down!
See my 80s playlist in the side bar on the left <-----------------------------
Go on over to Heather's Humblebeads Blog and play along in her challenge
to win some free beads!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE your song choices from the 80s. Faith, True Blue and Hangin Tough would definitely be on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee! Love it! Bust A Move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new stuff in the etsy store today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...now that? Is a riot! I looked much like you in the 80s and did exactly the same with the "mix tapes"...In fact, I just stumbled across a bunch of them...and I reluctantly threw them out! No tape player anymore! But the memories are fond. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. You kill me Lorelei, I can just see you bustin' a move. Thank you for playing along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far, I think I'm the oldest person playing along - HA! Isn't this just too much fun!

    I'm happy that Heather had this little "get together" so I could visit some new-to-me blogs.

    Here's a direct link to my post for the contest: http://gotart4u.blogspot.com/2009/04/ooooooooh-this-is-going-to-be-fun-and.html

    Hope you stop by for some laughs :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha