Sunday. Ahhhhhhhhh.


I was hoping today would be low key But I have a feeling it will be a busy day. We have to clean up from the festivities of yesterday. It was a huge success! I think almost every person I invited, showed up!! I think there was about 40 people here. And I believe I sold about 40-45 pieces.



It was a miserable and rainy day yesterday and I'm surprised people were willing to come out but I'm so glad they did. Most everyone shopped for gifts but a few shopped for themselves. I wrapped each piece in tissue and put them in the cute Amy Butler boxes I made and my guests were SO EXCITED when I told them they could PICK the boxes they wanted. I'm so glad I made them. I only ended up with one box left over.


The food was a hit. I didn't run out, but didn't have a ton left over, PERFECT. At about 3:30- it was actually MOBBED with people and I got a little nervous as I was the only one taking money and wrapping...I didn't really get a chance to talk to anyone. Just as they were checking out! My neighbors stopped by too, which I was so psyched about. Since I didn't have their emails I didn't have any way of reminding them, and I haven't been out and about to catch them outside to remind them.
Overall it was a huge success. Joe was around to keep the fire going in the fireplace. He brought me a huge bouquet of flowers to decorate with! And they were just the perfect touch. When it was all over, Joe said Let's do this EVERY weekend. lol
I wish I could!
Didn't get a chance to take any photos with people here, because it was just too crazy busy. But here are some shots right before people showed up.
I'll be photographing a few pieces today to list in the shop later, pieces that I had made for the show but didn't sell. So expect a few new listings in the shop.
Enjoy your Sunday!

Comments

  1. Anonymous11/16/2008

    Hi Lorelei! Glad to hear that you had a successful show. You are so talented that I am sure everyone couldn't wait to see your work. I knew your cute boxes would be a hit! You need to post your recipe for the chocolate chip zucchini bread. Have a peaceful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/16/2008

    Lorelei,

    Congratulations on a successful show! Your work sells itself, but I'm sure the lovely setting helped.

    Congratulations!!

    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Lorelei! I'm glad your show was successful. I've been wanting to do a home party myself, but keep putting it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11/16/2008

    I knew you would do well at your show as your jewelery is so beautiful and unique. You made your home so warm and inviting too. I'm glad I at least got a virtual tour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah lorelei! sounds like the perfect day and isn't your home just so crozy sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. uh, cozy. i need spellcheck every where I go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! What a great idea to host this type of event in your home.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to your successful open house, Lorelei! I love how you presented your work, and the boxes were so pretty, too! Umm, that sounds as if I was there (wish I was!), but I'm just speaking from the photos. I bet it was even better IRL! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11/16/2008

    Oh look how pretty everything looks! You put out quite a feast - both for the eyes and tummy. Everyone must have loved it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11/17/2008

    Congrats on a successful show! Your house and set up look beautiful!

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I'm glad it went well. I'm way too shy to do something like this, but I love living vicariously through you! (Also, can I say - I love your home! Looks beautiful and comfy at the same time.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy for you that it was a smashing hit. It all looks so well done and inviting.
    I wish I could have been here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Lorelei! Your setup is gorgeous! I only wish I could have attended! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha