September 30, 2008

Lock it Away, Hide the Key


I discovered that if you play around with something long enough, and you think it through (sometimes out loud with a friend (thanks Lynn!) You can finally end up with a successful end product. This necklace did not start out this long. It kept getting longer and longer as I was putting it together and then Lynn mentioned that LONG is IN now...

so I rolled with it. I included some fringe chain from Ad Adornments (this is the last of it, and I'm looking forward to ordering more!), a Key link from Melanie at Earthenwood Studio, an antique key, Some Vintaj Brass chain and scarab charm, a little filigree, a brass wheel, and lampwork glass disc from Blue Seraphim.
I was inspired by this color palette of deep red with black and white by the necklace that Melanie submitted with her article in Beadwork magazine that's on stands now.

5 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous piece! I've made a lot of long designs lately too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oOOHH aAAAA Lorelei - love it and the length is terrific. Could even be longer! You inspired me too, I reworked one of my necklaces and made it long and drapey. Good choices, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I love it! Long is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful necklace! I'm glad that long is in, especially being a big chested Italian woman! Little necklaces get lost on me.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha