Jewelry/Art Exchange


Reading through my usual blogs this morning, I came across an interesting post on the adorable & talented Gaea Cannaday's blog. Gaea found a blog online that did an international moleskin sketchbook exchange. Several artists send the sketchbook around, each adding to the pages and then send it back to the originator.

Inspired by this idea, Gaea thought of a brilliant plan to start a similar exchange but with jewelry. She's hoping 4 or 5 people will be interested in taking turns "adding" to a piece of jewelry (bracelet or necklace) I think this sounds like a blast! If you want to read more about it, go to Gaea's post here... and leave a comment if you're interested!

As you can guess, I am totally up for this challenge. Sounds fun and interesting and I can't wait to see what the finished piece would look like with all those creative "hands" in the mix. Collaborations of any kind are a w e s o m e! At the end, the finished piece could be auctioned and the proceeds could go to a charity, or if you have any other ideas, post a comment here or on Gaea's post.

Comments

  1. I like Gaea's idea. Thank you for mentioning it. I went over to Gaea's blog and offered to participate.
    Your blog is always fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Mary!
    Thanks! I'm glad you're interested! I think this will be really fun.
    Kind of like, Mad Libs but with jewelry. Add the first thing that comes to your mind. FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention and participation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6/18/2008

    Sounds like fun-I checked Gaea' site and signed on.

    Mary Newton

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha