Saturday April 12, 2008


It may look innocent enough, but this necklace gave me a headache. These shells weren't fun to string- to get this thicker look, I had to string onto 3 threads. 1 shell on each thread, then one shell on all three threads, 1 shell on each thread, etc. etc. Kind of like this:The cool part about these shell beads is that I found them at an antique mall.... A very long strand of them for $3! It was a really lucky find. I just hope they don't look too gaudy. I like them paired with the teal, and luckily I had stuff in my stash to go perfectly with this Sand Dollar pendant from Patina Queen!
I am off to download some new music. I found a new band on iTunes that I really like a lot. Slow Runner - Their cd is called Mermaids.

Comments

  1. oooo Lorelei that is one awesome necklas - I can hear the beach just looking at it.....Which I could use about now. Check out why at my blog

    http://taddietales.blogspot.com/

    Hope you have signs of Spring your way ....

    Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindy!
    Sorry to hear about your snow!! :(
    But thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty necklace- thanks for sharing the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually have more luck drawing out my thoughts on paper! Sometimes the words just get jumbled! I'm going to include more of this kind of thing later.
    I am loving your blog by the way.I read it every day. Did you have someone help you with the layout? I love the 3 column layout, but can't seem to get it to work for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The necklace is lovely - not gawdy at all! Neat to see how it all came together :) I'll convo you about the three column blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha