January 27, 2008

HAPPY Sunday! Jan. 27

The COOLEST news from the weekend: I did an interview for the Art Bead Scene Blog!
Watch for it on the site sometime soon!

I thought I would show off some of MY Etsy purchases from the week...
First of all, I made a trade this weekend with Robyn from Robayre
for this beautiful framed yo-yo s
quare. The colors are perfect for the new family room (it's teal blue)





Then I bought these buttons in hopes of using them somehow in a bracelet that I have planned. They were handmade by Nancy from RoundRabbit.
She has LOTS of great items that I want in her shop, she is soooo talented! Check her out for SURE! AND she spends every weekend at a booth at the Syracuse Fairgrounds. One of these days I'll make it up there, for that! I'll have to make sure I bring a wad of cash though!
I was surfing around in my favorites and came across Humblebeads, who I have never bought from before but I have always coveted her polymer clay beads, and goodies. So I purchased one of these cool tube beads, in hopes of making something great for the February Art Bead Scene Challenge. (Hope it's Valentine's related!)

8 comments:

  1. me again. You Go Girl! Can't wait to read your interview. I like humblebead's things too - great colors. I made yoyos when I was into crazy quilting embroidery but never thought to frame them. duhhhh. Can't get enough of this creative stuff! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Libby!
    I know, isn't that framed Yo-Yo the cutest?? My mother made me a yo-yo quilt and gave it to me for Christmas. It took her like 3 years to make it because everytime she'd do the yo-yo's it would make her fingers hurt. :( So I guess know what goes into making them!
    Are you a crafty girl now? what do you do in your studio??

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some awesome purchases- the buttons are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!
    HEY. You are CicadaCache too, right!?!?
    I love your shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gee is it Wednesday already? Yes, I'm a crafty girl; like you I dabble in lots of things. At the moment I'm trying to master peyote stitch and have made a few peyote cuffs (used some of your destash seed beads). Strung some bracelets and necklaces for Xmas presents but this month am obsessed with etsy's beadweavers amazing work.
    I see you're expanding your horizons lately; I hope to too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just now realize that you are the Libby that I sold beads too. HA! Funny! I am glad you put them to good use. I'd love to see pictures of your creations. Do you have a flickr account by chance?

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, no flickr acct - don't own a digital camera & it's not in the budget for awhile. Got any ideas? Thinking I might try to take pix with my dinky 35mm then have them developed on cd, then download on my computer. Anyone out there tried this??? I wanna play show-n-tell too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course! That's the next best option to a digital camera. Good plan! Can't wait to see whatcha got!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry to have to turn on the word verification here, but I got fed up with spammers comments!

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha